The primary role of iron relates to the ability of red blood cells to adequately carry oxygen for use throughout the entire body
- To Prevent Fatigue, iron is needed by the body to make hemoglobin rich blood, which transports oxygen to the cells.
- Iron is needed for adenosine triphosphate production (ATP), which is essential for cellular energy and proper cell function.
- Replace losses due to increased physical activity. Iron is lost through sweat and through bleeding of the digestive tract from the jarring motion of exercise.
- Studies indicate that 34% of female runners and 8% male runners are iron deficient.
- Iron is needed for proper placenta development
- Iron is needed for the prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies
- Studies estimate that up to 58% of pregnant women are iron deficient.
- Iron is essential during the first eight months for brain growth and the effects of anemia may be associated with developmental delays in both motor and cognitive abilities.
- Up to six months to restore low iron stores
- When iron deficiency is left untreated, it can lead to conditions that are more serious (see Anemia.com)
Ferretts IPS liquid
- Ferretts IPS is safe and efficacious. Ferretts IPS contains iron wrapped in a casein protective layer, which does not dissolve in the gastric mucosa (stomach). 93.7% of subjects reported no side effects
- Ferretts IPS dissolves in the intestine as ferric iron; the active component is rapidly absorbed.
- Ferretts IPS has a superior safety profile. Ferretts IPS allows long-lasting treatment, as is most often required for iron deficiency anemia.
- Ferretts IPS contains 40 mg elemental iron per 15 ml (tablespoon).
Ask your pharmacist for Ferretts IPS liquid, Available at any pharmacy.